55th Congress of the European Societies of Toxicology - Science Providing Solutions
8 - 11 September 2019, Helsinki, Finland
The Finish Society of Toxicology (FST) is excited about organizing the congress EUROTOX 2019 in Helsinki, the capital of Finland. The congress will take place from September 8th to 11th. The venue is Finlandia Hall, a building full of European history and at the same time a modern and a highly sophisticated venue even for the most demanding conference delegate.
The EUROTOX2019 Scientific Programme Committee, chaired by Prof. H. Wallace, has prepared an exciting scientific programme, highlighting the latest research results and trends in the field of toxicology.
CONTINUING EDUCATION COURSES (CEC)
CEC1 Development and Evaluation of AOPs
CEC2 Application and Integration of Increasingly Mechanistically Driven Tools for Risk Assessment
CEC3 The pre-specified protocol part of evidence-based assessment in toxicology
CEC4 Real world safety assessments for data-poor products: How to approach data gaps
CEC5 Dietary exposure assessment
CEC6 Determining safe exposure limits in occupational toxicology, application to pharmaceuticals
KEYNOTES AND SPECIAL SESSIONS
- Opening Ceremony Keynote Lecture
- Bo Holmstedt Memorial Fund Lecture
- SOT Merit Award Lecture
- EUROTOX–SOT Debate
- HESI-CITE Lecture
- Challenges of non-animal approaches for food safety: from inception to application
- Knowledge-based computational approaches in predictive toxicology
- Application of NAMs and development of IATAs-moving toward mechanistic risk assessment
- Understanding the interindividual variability in toxicity involving the psychotropic drugs
- Investigative Toxicology Leaders Forum (ITLF): Scientific advancements and case studies for the optimization of drug discovery. Trends in investigative toxicology
- The process of ageing and its modulation: telomeres as biomarkers in in vitro and in vivo studies
- Speeding up hazard assessment of nanomaterials
- Fetus – the most sensitive individual
- Experimental comprehensive toxicological studies simulating real-life exposures: long-term combined exposures on multi endpoints
- Biomarkers in predictive toxicology and risk assessment
- Endocrine Disruption: identification of root causes
- Comprehensive toxicological profiles in nanoformulations for blood brain barrier
- Advancing toxicological evaluations in resolving current policy controversies in GMO products
- Neurotoxicity in the scientific and regulatory outlook
- Toxic epidemics: why should we still be worried in 2019?
- The Exposome – Understanding the role of environmental exposure in human health and disease
- Detection, assessment, management and communication of risk in mass human toxic exposures
- Metabolic capacity and functionality of the gut microbiome
- Implications of biodistribution of inhaled nanoparticles: effects in organs other than the lung
- Human adaptation to environmental pollution: dose-response relationship revisited
- Developments in the use of systematic review in chemical risk assessment
- Chemical risk assessment using human in vitro, ex vivo, in silico and biomonitoring data
- New tools and application in reg. risk assessment – moving toward mechanistic risk assessment
- Hepatotoxicity-mechanisms, new insight into liver function, and possibilities of in vitro prediction
- Suitability of non-animal approaches in different industries: One size fits all?
- How innate immune cells recognize toxicants – consequences for immune-mediated toxicity
- Optimization of existing and construction of new testing strategies for skin sensitization potency
- Investigative Toxicology Leaders Forum (ITLF): Scientific advancements and case studies for the optimization of drug discovery. DILI case studies
POSTER SESSIONS | E-POSTERS
Poster sessions will be held on 9 September (Poster Viewing 1) and 10 September, 2019 (Poster Viewing 2), during the official congress breaks in the Exhibition Area.
Furthermore, all accepted poster abstracts will be displayed as e-posters on-site throughout the whole congress period.