1st Edition BIORIMA Training School
The first edition of a series of Training Schools took place in the historic centre of Venice, Italy on 16 – 20 April 2018 hosted by Ca'Foscari University of Venice and GreenDecision. The school aimed to transfer the State-of-the-Art knowledge on a variety of topics from key experts to the new generation of nano-environmental, health and safety, and biomedicine professionals. The lectures were held in Aula Mario Baratto at the Ca' Foscari Palace and Sala Giovanni Morelli at the Palazzo Malcanton Marcorà.
- Advanced Nano-Biomaterials
- Fate & Exposure Scenarios
- Hazard to Human Health & Environment
- Risk Assessment & Risk Management
Each training school day was split into several training sessions that covered different topics. Each training session took 90 minutes. In total, 16 sessions were held during the five days.
In total, a number of 26 speakers gave lectures at the 1st BIORIMA Training School a number of 58 people attended the 1st BIORIMA Training School.
The 1st BIORIMA Training School was especially designed for personnel from research and academic institutions as well as from industry, governmental agencies and hospital departments. The school was aimed at senior researchers, young scientists, PhD students and in fact anyone interested in safe nanotechnology, risk assessment and nano-medicine.
Benefits from attending the school
Attending the school offered participants to:
- learn the latest trends in safe biomedicine gaining an in-depth understanding of the above-mentioned key topics,
- engage in a dialogue with peers and key experts,
- benefit from a variety of additional networking opportunities such as boat trip in the Venetian Lagoon and a social dinner in the historical center of amazing Venice.